Are you looking to launch your app in the largest global marketplace?
Android users cover the entire spectrum comprising of over 80% of the total market share value of smartphones to date. The competition between global manufacturers is at an all-time high, and so the prices of smartphones continue to drop globally. As a result, Android users have surged globally over the past decade especially in developing countries where affordability is considered as a significant factor.
The Android platform is an open source software, and so it offers a low barrier to entry for app developers. It also allows the use of third-party plugins and frameworks to make the platform entirely flexible for app development.
Such fluidity offers developers more freedom to design the user interface and the user experience, making apps more personable in a sense. In saying that, Android app development is more complicated and time-consuming. The skill gap required to develop Android applications is much higher. Therefore, that may translate to a more resource-intensive project.
Launching your App on Android
Here are some points to consider if you would like to bootstrap only one platform and you have to choose between Android or iOS:
Android apps are highly customisable as it is an open-source platform. It also means that having a great user experience is crucial to the success of the app.
- We allocate more resources for Android’s product development. This includes running more tests to ensure it operates smoothly on the plethora of different types of smartphones that exist in the market.
- Our developers excel with years of development in Java programming language. As Android apps are also scripted in Java that leverages a rich set of libraries, rest assured that you are working with a team built on a strong technical foundation.
- If you are looking to create a web application simultaneously or you already have a web app built on Java, extending your reach with an Android app is recommended compared to iOS.
- Being an open source platform also means that you have the flexibility to strategies your revenue stream beyond the Google Play Store. You can create your own distribution and sales channels. Speak to our team to find out the best strategy to promote your app.
- Regarding app revenue, Android users prefer making microtransactions with in-app purchases compared to making outright, one-time purchases that are more expensive.
Have a question about Android App Development? Speak to our team today! [link]